Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Country .... My People

This poem was written in 2005 for the National Day. It was when HH Sheikh Khalifa, President of the UAE & Ruler of Abu Dhabi, announced the establishment of the Federal National Council

My Country .... My People

By: Mohammed Kazim

A pen i hold hoping to convey
accurately what lies in my heart if i may

the happiness and satisfaction i feel today
is a result of your wide generosity ray

unlimitted is the affection that you portray
spread out for all like a magnificent buffet

For your path oh Emirates I strive each day
hoping to benefit you always without delay

I wish i could express my feelings of dismay
for those who mask you with a false display

34 years have you nurtured us without sway
YET they live their desires and continuously stray

Oh my people let's not our Lord betray
let's remember the Provider of this wonderful bouquet

let's use free time wisely to repay
Allah's amazing bounties which he can decay

people before us He has punished blazing away
their wealth, their families, now nothing do they weigh

let's renew our faiths and Allah obey
and resist satan and all things astray

Let's stand in fear, lines in an array
in front of Allah, the Most Gracious, and pray

5 times without fail prostrating everyday
eyes with tears of joy we obey we obey

let's unite in purpose and each other survey
correcting our faults as we progress on our way

our deeds will not go forgetten as we return to clay
He promised us gardens under which rivers lay

Oh Khalifa like a father you spoke to us this holiday
your words arose a feeling of loyalty in an elaborate way

May the changes you propose benefit us tomorrow and today
I'm certain Blessed Zayed would be proud of you as we are day by day

I pray to Allah your obstacle path to defray
through which i hope you will comfortably sleigh

Thank you Zayed for constructing the legacy relayed
following it we hope to benefit humanity the same way

A pen i put down hoping to have a matter conveyed
i hope my words were not merely a cliche

1 comment:

  1. WOAH, beautiful words with such a deep meaning. Really awesome! and what makes it more attractive is that it rhymes.

    "I wish i could express my feelings of dismay
    for those who mask you with a false display

    let's use free time wisely to repay
    Allah's amazing bounties which he can decay"


    I enjoyed reading this amazing poem. Keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete